Saturday, November 3, 2007

NaNoWriMo ~ report

In two days I wrote 3,337 words, exactly three words over and beyond the minimum of 3,334 needed (at 1,667 per day) to make it to my 50,000 word goal by 11:59 pm on November 30th. However, on this third day of the month, I have looked over those 3,337 words and found it all to be conspicuously egregious! (Well, those were Roary's words when he snorted near my ear earlier today. Unfortunately, I agree with him.) Now what? I have also thought of a two-part problem that may "fix" the faults before this novel runs into a ditch ... and I may be able to salvage some of what I've written. Probably a lot of it. Maybe. Gotta see what happens next. Gotta get busy writing.

Today I have been inspired by Absolute Vanilla, who has discovered a thinking toaster who reflects its thoughts! Yes, indeedy, one must consider all angles when trying to write a novel. If an errant toaster is helpful, so much the better! And thanks again to Ab Vanilla for this idea: "Bonnie - there'd be a great children's story in the magic toaster with thoughts of its own..." I took a look at my toaster, painted white, and it doesn't seem to have a mind of its own at all. Oh, well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yours is evidently an aberrant toaster with views it intends to keep entirely to itself. Feel free to borrow mine if further inspiration is required! :-) Alternately, you might just give your toaster a slice of currant bread (or whatever if fancies) and see if its attitude improves! Of course, it is entirely possible that the imp who operates your toaster has wandered off to see the view and you'll have to wait for it to return before your toaster shares its thoughts with you...

(Far too much imagination for my own good. Just imagine what would happen if the toaster teamed up with the wishdosher...)

Baino said...

G'day. . . linked in from Absolute Vanilla . . maybe your toaster was a little off-colour. I have a white one as well and if it's feeling peaky, barely pops, in a good mood and it hurls toast across the kitchen . . .gotta say ladies, I admire this thousands of words a day business, I have trouble keeping up with 500 words on a blog!

S. Kearney said...

I always want to do this and then don't, thinking I would never cope with the stress of getting all that done. One year though. One year! :-)