I am lion, hear me roar
about things too big to ignore
'cause I'm tired of all the governmental lyin';
the whole world is going mad
and my writing's not too bad,
so I want to be a literary lion!
CHORUS
Oh, yes, I am wise,
But it's wisdom born of pain.
Yes, I've served the pride,
But look how much I've gained.
If I have to, I can write anything!
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am lion!
You can bend but never break me
'cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal,
And I come back even stronger,
Not a novice any longer
'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul.
CHORUS
Oh, yes, I am wise,
But it's wisdom born of pain.
Yes, I've served the pride,
But look how much I've gained.
If I have to, I can write anything!
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am lion!
I am lion, watch me write
As earth wonders at the sight
Of a lion inspiring justice in the land;
We must all begin to grow
With a long, long way to go
Until we make all people understand.
CHORUS
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've served the pride
But look how much I've gained ... [a whole bunch of liony friends]
If I have to I can say everything!
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am lion
Oh, I am lion
I am invincible
I am strong
FADE
I am lion
I am invincible
I am strong
I am lion
Roary's Song is a spoof of Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman" which was a hit song in 1972. Click on "I Am Woman" and sing Roary's Song to Helen Reddy's tune.



No comments:
Post a Comment