Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Goodbye, dear readers

I hope that title got your attention because I'll be mostly "gone" for the whole month of November. I am taking on something that seems absolutely ridiculous, but may actually push me in a new direction, somewhere I've never gone before. I'm taking on NaNoWriMo. That, my friends, is short for National Novel Writing Month.

Click on the icon if you want to learn more about it. This is the first one I've ever done, so I have no idea how busy I'll be. I hope, first of all, to make it through the entire month. (Wish me luck ... or stamina.) Second, I hope to write 50,000 words of a novel. I have never done fiction before, so I don't expect my novel will be all that wonderful. No, no, no! Wait!! Let me start over: I have never done fiction before, so I will be amazed at how well it goes. Yeah, that's the spirit!
___________

Oh, yeah, Absolute Vanilla has awarded this to her readers. That includes me, so I guess I just hafta accept it. Thanks, Vanilla! I do truly try to read thoughtfully, and with your blog, that's an easy thing to do. You really SAY things, making it worth our while to read thoughtfully.

2 comments:

S. Kearney said...

Good luck with his Bonnie! I admire people who sign up for this ... I have often thought about it but always ending up thinking that I would never have the time. We're cheering you on. -:)

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Thanks, Seamus, I need all the cheerleaders I can get!