Oh, wait, no-no-no, you misunderstand. I'm not in love romantically and, besides, he already has a mate. Yessss-s-s-s! Remember the photo I noticed on the wall of Roary's den? That lioness is his mate. Yes, I did remember to ask her name; she is Sophia, which seems a perfect name as Roary told me all about her. Sophia means wisdom, and she seems to be a very wise lioness. Because she was already attached to Roary, Sophia was not willing to be adopted away from him, but she has a few close friends among the lions (and lionesses) in the pride. Endelyn is one of them, though Sophia pales in comparison to that fiery one.
Roary even shared a secret with me. I can't keep secrets! I tend to blab, and this is SUCH an exciting secret. Roary laughed at me and said he would allow me to be the one to make the announcement, here on my blog -- ta da! -- another lion will soon be joining the pride! Yes! Sophia didn't accompany Roary when he moved into his new den because she is moving rather slowly these days. She plans to arrive within the next few days, having taken her time packing and visiting with friends and family before the move.

Roary pulled out a photo album after dinner. This one is probably my favorite, showing Roary as a cub, with his father. Ahhhh, I can see Roary had a good role model. As he began telling me about his family, I realized how perfect Roary is as my muse. Our partnership rests now on a very, very firm foundation.
Oh, wait, there's one more thing to tell you about my sweet lion (sorry, Roary, I know you don't want to be called sweet, but you are). I had noticed as I visited various blogs after Roary had been there that he added some weird little squiggles after his name, like this:
When I asked him about it, Roary laughed deep in his belly and said, "Look closely and you'll see that it's a hint of a picture, one I can draw in the dust with a single claw. Look closely and you shall see ... intimations of two little ears, two little eyes ... like a cub peeking over the back of a parent." Oh, no, too sweet! Roary is adding an unborn cub to his signature! He is definitely my kind of father, someone very special. Oh! I just remembered ... today is Father's Day in the USA!



1 comment:
Roary and his family are so cute! Um, I mean.. fierce. And... dignified. Yes, those are the words I meant.
Post a Comment