
ROARY'S SONG
I am sick at heart, well, I was. I wanted to ROAR like a lion, SCREAM bloody murder like a banshee. Because I accidentally deleted Roary's theme song post from the Literary Lion of Lyon site. I was helping Roary move everything over to his new blog and -- poof! -- it was gone.
Colleen, you know moving blogs around is not an easily accomplished thing, and I was trying to do it ... one ... post ... at ... a ... time. I was tired from lifting all those heavy posts and sidebar items and I got careless. Somehow I dropped it. My fingers must have slipped and hit the draft button. When next I thought to look around for his song, it was gone.
I looked at the "edit posts" page and remembered that, at the end of the day as I was tidying up, I had deleted all those drafts! Deleted! Gone! Unrecoverable, at least by me. Worse, I had lost the comments, including the one from Minx and Bragi suggesting "pride" for the chorus. That's when I wanted to ROAR or SCREAM or CRY. But I didn't. I got busy this morning and re-wrote the song. It isn't the same song, but I hope it's even better. You be the judge. Here's the new version of Roary's Song.



No comments:
Post a Comment