Friday, February 1, 2008

Cause of death

Some of you may remember my discussion about death back in August. At that time I had accessed a site that figured out when you would die, based on your answers to some questions. According to them, I'll be around until I'm 94, in the year 2034.

Now I think I've figured out the cause of my death. Nancy of Bookfoolery and Babble posted a link to a 1994 article entitled How to Tell if Your Head's about to Blow Up, a rare form of death caused by HCE, or Hyper-Cerebral Electrosis. Check it out; the article lists seven symptoms, and I am positive for four or five of them ... thus my "guess" that my overloaded brain circuits will make my head explode one of these days. Surely my having over a dozen active blogs told you I think entirely too much! Thanks, Nancy.

UPDATE from Nancy (via CJ): CJ sent me to Snopes.com to prove it was a hoax. And, I was having such fun with the thought. Sigh.

Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/chess.asp

Bonnie: Nancy, you mean thinking too hard won't cause a cranial explosion? Aww, shucks! And I had this whole thing figured out, when I would die (based on an online questionnaire) and how (based on my gigantic mental abilities causing such a series of cerebral electricity to swirl around that my head would explode). Darn! You have (er, I mean, CJ has) ruined my day. I guess that means I'll have to find some other way to die?

UPDATED update: Now see what you've gone and done, Nancy! I went back to check that Death Clock again, and now it says I'm gonna die on Monday, July 8, 2019. Hey! That's a full 15 years earlier than it told me in August! I must be going downhill fast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling I may go the same way, either that or spontaneous combustion. At least it'll be spectacular!

Bookfool said...

CJ sent me to Snopes.com to prove it was a hoax. And, I was having such fun with the thought. Sigh.

Sara said...

Hi, Bonnie. Thanks for dropping by my blog to comment on my "reading upside-down" post. I left you a comment over there, but I didn't know if you'd see it. You should post that pic of you upside down!

I just finished reading your review of A Wrinkle in Time over at the Banned Books blog, and I loved it. My daughter (18) asked for a whole new set of the Time books for Christmas. I'm going to borrow them back from her and re-read them all!