Monday, August 6, 2007

Haiku ~ point of view

by Bonnie Jacobs


white clouds bleach the sky
beaten path runs through the grass
brooding woods awake


The Cloud, 1896, by Prince Eugen
Swedish, 1865-1947, Oil on canvas, 119 x 109 cm
Waldemarsudde, Stockholm

5 comments:

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

I LOVE that!!!
Both the art and the poem... or wait, they're both art, in their own ways...

Whatever. I'm arguing semantics with myself. SHEESH.

Suffice it to say, very good!


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Anonymous said...

I love this. The picture is perfect with these words.

I love haiku's. There are perfect in their simplicity.

Dewey said...

I like this! Especially the last line.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful match up. Did you write the haiku, Bonnie? I love it.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Yes, Colleen, I wrote it. Should I start signing my work? You can see my earlier attempts (way back in May) to get it the way I wanted it ... by going here:

http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2007/05/one-deep-breath-my-haiku-viewpoint.html

And Dewey, it was the LAST line that I finally got the way I wanted it, and then I was able to find visual art to go with my haiku.

And a perfect picture it is, Nancy, right?

Scarlett, art and art is good ... lol.