Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sign of the times

The prompt at Weekend Wordsmith this week is "It's a sign." This "joke" is more eloquent than I could ever be, so I'll let this photo be my "thousand words" for today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see we can laugh...

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Usually this is far from a laughing matter, but this is just like an old satire ~ Swift's Modest Proposal. He suggested that the Irish pay their dues to the English by serving up their children as food (to pay their dues)at the English landlord's table.

Great post!

Gemma

White Rose said...

I think we need a laugh to keep from crying! I was just reading an article that said they're predicting 6 or 7 dollars a gallon soon. Yikes!

Loved the photo!

Dewey said...

Tom's going to be drowning in firstborns soon, and he'll have to start feeding them all those arms and legs.

Unknown said...

It's certainly a sign of the times!
:-)