
I have exercised my imagination muscle in ways it never thought it could move!
And now I can imagine being a “real” writer. Ahem, let me explain that. A writer is one who writes, right? And we have all been doing that. Hurray for us! “The moving finger writes; and, having writ, moves on.” That’s a quote from The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, which I have posted on the sidebar of my Weekend Wordsmith blog, here:
http://weekendwordsmith.blogspot.com/
Having writ, as Omar Khayyam says, it is now almost time for us to move on. Some of us will move on to revision of our masterpieces; some of us will simply move on. If it turns out, upon close inspection, that we have not written the greatest novel of the twenty-first century, then we are free to pick a fragment from this month’s efforts and expand on that … or write about any idea that crosses our expanded minds … because we can all say now that we are writers. Try it. Repeat after me:
“I am a writer!”
There! Didn’t that make you feel better?



2 comments:
You are a writer.
You have been a writer, and a good one.
You are definitely a smile giver.
You made me laugh with the writer gone left at the top of the post.
You made me smile wistfully at the mention of Omar... love his work.
Thank you.
Scarlett & Viaggiatore
PS - Congratulations!
Well done ... and I love that cartoon! :-)
Post a Comment