Sunday, June 3, 2007

Paper or e-Books?

Stephanie: Do you read e-Books? ... Or are you a paper purist? Why? Kristy answered by saying she "printed out some chapters" so she wouldn't have to carry the heavy book. That's still PAPER, not reading an e-book. I also print out portions of books for one reason or another, but I consider myself a "paper purist" in Stephanie's categories. I would rather hold the book in my hands than stare at a screen. I enjoy the new-book smell of paper and ink. I like the feel of a book that is the perfect size and shape. I guess I'm a tactile person, well, all the appropriate senses like touch and smell and sight. I don't like audio books, so forget hearing, and I can't say I've tasted any good books lately, though I've seen my children and grandchildren do that. Yeah, I'll take Gutenbrg over Bill Gates any day.

No comments: