
I seriously considered adopting lion #42 because it's the only one with a book. The word freedom in Africa was also appealing, as was the strangeness of a watch on his tail. What's that all about? And the watch covers a Time magazine. Above is the Mona Lisa, almost lost in the collage. I'd also like to know the interpretations of the symbols on the Egyptian "saddle blanket" on the lion's back. And why is he chained to something by his left hind leg? A very interesting lion that I would like to examine up close and in person. But I chose instead the noble Roary, who wants to be a Literary Lion.
Actually, I'm glad I didn't take Lion #42 because that gave Wanderlust Scarlett a chance to claim the lion that was obviously meant for her. Take a look at her blog, From the Shores of Introspect and Retrospect, and see what she did with this bold lion she named Viaggiatore. She wrote The Lion of Lyon's Tail about him, but do look along the right side to discover the evidence of Viaggiatore's escape! Oh, yes, he escaped her sidebar and went to the beach to watch the sunset.



4 comments:
Hi Bonnie, just popped over from sunny England to say hello and 'roar' to a fellow lion!
How do you keep all those blogs going?!:-)
I only just recently met Scarlett, but I thought this lion suited her blog, too.
Great Camus quote up there!
Jon, not well enough, so I decided to let most of them be "on vacation" for awhile.
Dewey, thanks.
Thanks for the kind words and the link!
Everyone seems to have gotten the perfect lion for them, don't tell V, but I almost adopted #33... Jill got there first but it was a blessing in disguise because then I'd have missed out on the perfect lion for me... and Roary is definitely perfect for you. Excellent choices all around, I'd say.
Thank you again
Scarlett & Viaggiatore
Post a Comment