Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wikipedia Meme

I tagged myself after reading Lisa's Tales of a Psycho Mamma. Here's how you play:

1. Go to Wikipedia.com and type your birthday, without year, in the search bar (mine is April 26)
2. Then list on your blog 3 events, 2 births, 1 death, and 1 holiday that happens (or happened) on your birthday
3. Then tag 5 more people to do it!

I'm not tagging, but if you read this and want to tag yourself ~ like I did ~ feel free! It's fun!

3 Events
1607 - English colonists of the Jamestown settlement make landfall at Cape Henry, Virginia.
1954 - The Geneva Conference, an effort to restore peace in Indochina and Korea, begins.
1964 - Tanganyika and Zanzibar merge to form Tanzania.

2 Births
570 - Muhammed, founder of Islam, according to the Shi'a sect.
1933 - Carol Burnett, American comedian

1 Death
1989 - Lucille Ball, American actress and comedian (b. 1911)

1 Holiday / observances
World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001)

No comments: