Sunday, April 29, 2007

What we should do

Sunday, February 18, 2007
We should thank our parents

We are doing some of the "should do" things we've found in the book 101 Things You Should Do Before Going to Heaven by David Bordon. Number 59 says:
"Write a thank you note to your parents."
Click on the word "comments" below this post, and write your note to your parents. Say as little or as much as you please, then sign in as Anonymous, if you don't have a Google account. At the end of your post you plums can add your name so we know YOU are this anonymous person. Red Hatters, we welcome your comments here and ask you to share your royal title and chapter name. If anyone else wishes to add to our comments, we welcome you and thank you for sharing with us what you would say to your parents.

----------------------------------------
Bonnie Jacobs said... on February 18, 2007 9:53 PM
"Write a thank you note to your parents."

Thank you, Mom and Dad, first of all, for life. Beyond that are some specifics that come to mind as I write this note tonight. Thanks, Mom, for buying us the World Book Encyclopedia that you had to pay on every week until it was paid off. I remember, when we lived in the apartment with the leaky roof, that rainfall meant Billy, Mildred Ann, and Jimmy ran to cover up their beds to keep them dry, and I ran to cover up the encyclopedia. My bed, and even I, would dry out; but the encyclopedia would have been ruined. Thank you, Daddy, for flying a kite with us when we were too small to do it alone. I remember the kite string broke, and you had us all jump in the car to chase it. As it danced in the sky trailing its rag tail, we kids kept an eye on it, following it all the way to Ridgedale, at least a couple of miles from where we started. The kite escaped and we never found it, but the memory has remained floating in my memory for more than sixty years. Thank you, Mother, for taking us to church and expecting the best from each of us. Especially, thanks for making sure we felt that Jesus loves us or, more specifically, that God loves us. Thanks, Dad, for drawing cartoons to make us laugh. I remember one where you showed a couple of calves, with one asking the mama cow with a full udder, "May Eddie come to dinner?" Your ability to draw has appeared in each generation, and some of your grandchildren still paint or draw. Thanks, Mom, for sharing some of the poetry you wrote. Writing is the way I sort things out and express myself, and now that I'm not so impressed with myself, I call me the Baroness of Blarney. Thanks, Dad and Mom, for loving us even though we were not perfect. All in all, I'm glad I had both of you for parents, even though I realize you weren't perfect either. We children learned to love because we were loved by you. Thank you.
----------------------------------------
plum mum sharon said... on February 20, 2007 11:34 AM
Hi all - here is my thank you note to my parents.

Mom Thank you for the love you showed near the end of your life. It was nice to tell the other kids you actually said you loved them. I am similar to you in my actions & think of you alot. I miss ya mom. Love,Sharon

Dear Daddy,
I want to thank you for showing me the patience & love you gave me. Thank you for teaching me compassion for man and animals. Thank you for being my Daddy you are the King of all men to me. I Love & Miss Ya Daddy
Love, Itchy
----------------------------------------
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
We should take a stand

We are doing some of the "should do" things we've found in the book 101 Things You Should Do Before Going to Heaven by David Bordon. Number 94 says:
"Take a stand."
Each of us should make a list of five or more things she would take a stand on. What are you passionate about?
~~~ Duchess of Doolittle, who is planning to rise to the occasion!

-------------------------------------------------
Bonnie Jacobs said... on April 25, 2007 12:08 PM
I'm FOR integrity in government and acting immediately to lessen the impact of global warming. I'm AGAINST war, torture, driving while drunk, and using words as weapons.
1 ~ I, Duchess, have taken a stand against drunk driving, which killed my dad.
2 ~ I took a stand on climate change a long time ago and recently got a letter to the editor published in the local newspaper about the National Day of Climate Action.
3 ~ I stand for a war-free planet because I don't believe violence solves anything, and a man called me "a pantywaist protestor" at a recent demonstration.
4 ~ I have taken a stand for integrity in government and against our lying leaders who took us to war on trumped-up charges.
5 I am taking a zero-tolerance stance on torture by any government for any reason, including the United States in our war on terror.
6 ~ I took a stand against "The Imus Virus" which is a new way of saying I'm against words that wound.
-------------------------------------------------

No comments: